and I don’t even care. I’ve once made this recipe by kevinandamanda.com‘s blogger Amanda before and I can already tell you that it is to die for. in fact, I threw the recipe away afterwards because I didn’t want to ever make it again for fear of my jean size. but I’m such a good daughter (is it obvious yet why I’m the favorite?), that I looked it back up online to make again for my dad.
tomorrow my parents will be coming by in the evening. we’ve got a wonderful weekend planned in celebration of my dad’s birthday. but I don’t want to spoil it for you ahead of time, so I’ll just share these pictures and the recipe as I have made it (mine has alterations from the original. the original can be found here.).
FATTY FATTY FAT BARS
– package of refrigerated Hershey’s Mini Kiss cookie dough
– 12 Heads or Tails Double-Stuffed Oreos (half original, half golden)
– box of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate brownies (13×9 family sized)
– 1/4 c water (as called for on brownie mix box)
– 1/2 c vegetable oil (as called for on brownie mix box)
– 2 eggs (as called for on brownie mix box)
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F. spray a 13×9 inch pan with Pam or line with waxed paper.
2. press room-temperature cookie dough into bottom of pan, until evenly covered.
3. make rows of oreos (3×4) with the chocolate side down.
4. mix brownie batter according to box directions (add water, vegetable oil, and eggs; mix well). pour brownie batter over oreos. smooth as necessary so oreos are covered and batter covers all of the cookie dough.
5. bake for 40-45 minutes. cool completely.
– excellent microwaved or served hot, then topped with Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked (cookie dough and brownie) ice cream and hot fudge…. just sayin’.
– if you use a different cookie dough, you may have to bake the bars up to 10 minutes longer, depending on the thickness of that bottom cookie dough layer.
– be sure to up your exercise the week before making, during, and after.
– BUY PLENTY OF MILK!