this recipe is both delicious and simple. and the variations are undoubtedly endless. I highly recommend this for a cold day or a small gathering. don’t expect any leftovers!
SLOW COOKER FUNFETTI PISTACHIO MOLTEN CAKE
(based upon Taste of Home’s Dec. 2012/Jan. 2013 recipe for Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake)
– 1 package funfetti cake mix (18.25 oz.)
– 1 2/3 c water
– 3 eggs
– 1/3 c canola oil
– 2 c cold skim milk
– 1 package instant pistachio pudding (3.9 oz.)
– 2 c white chocolate or vanilla chips
1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for two minutes (will be more watery than standard cake mix, so watch out for splattering!) Transfer to a Pam-sprayed 4-quart slow cooker.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk milk and pudding together for 2 minutes. Let stand for an additional 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over cake batter; sprinkle with chips. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours (depends on the temperature of your crock pot and the type of cake you choose – just watch it after 2 1/2 hours). A toothpick inserted into the cake portion should come out with moist crumbs when finished. Serve warm.
– red velvet cake with semi-sweet chips and chocolate fudge pudding is excellent.
– edges will be burnt, just don’t serve that part. the bottom doesn’t burn.
– great with Cool Whip :]