so easy and so tasty! this is great to bring along as an appetizer to a gathering, for eating in front of the tv on movie night, or for picky kids. originally, I saw a posting for this on Pinterest, but I never located a good recipe. so this is just from me winging it:
PIZZA MONKEY BREAD
– 2 cans low-fat grands biscuits
– 4 to 6 T margarine, melted
– 2 t Italian seasoning
– 1/2 t garlic powder
– 2 c fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese (Kraft)
– low-fat turkey pepperoni (as much as you’d like)
– other pizza toppings as you like
– 1 can pizza sauce (I like pepperoni flavored by Contadina)
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F. spray bundt pan with Pam.
2. separate biscuits and slice large pockets into each one.
3. fill pockets with cheese, pepperoni, and any other toppings you’d like. seal well.
4. added Italian seasoning and garlic powder to melted margarine.
5. brush each stuffed biscuit with margarine mixture and place upright in bundt pan (will have to put in about 1/3 of the biscuits before they’ll stand up on their own – slippery buggers).
6. once you’ve filled the pan, top with any remaining margarine mixture.
7. bake for 35-45 minutes or until the biscuits are turning golden-brown at the edges.
5. allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving. I was able to pop the loaf out in a ring onto a plate to serve. serve with pizza sauce for dipping.