mmm, I crave red velvet all the time. but I’m not so super-into cake. I have to be in a “cake mood” to want cake. and unfortunately, the craving for red velvet doesn’t always coincide with that mood. but thanks to Pinterest, I’ve found a plethora of “alternative” red velvet recipes, including these oh-so yummy crinkle cookies from Love Bake Enjoy:
RED VELVET CRINKLE COOKIES
– 1 box red velvet cake mix
– 2 large eggs
– 6 T unsalted butter, melted
– 1 T all-purpose flour
– 1/4 c sugar
– 1/4 c powdered sugar
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. in a small bowl, melt the butter and set aside to cool.
3. in a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, cooled butter, and flour.
4. form dough into balls and roll in white sugar and then in powdered sugar.
5. place dough balls on ungreased baking pan and press down with the bottom of a cup.
6. bake for 9 minutes and allow to cool for 5 minutes.