so my mom and I made some Summery lemon-flavored puppy chow with some of the lemon juice left over from the lemoncello. really different, but just as addicting as any other puppy chow recipe I have eaten. thanks again, Pinterest!
LEMON PUPPY CHOW
– 8 c rice Chex cereal
– 1 1/2 c white chocolate chips
– 1/4 c unsalted butter
– 3 T lemon juice
– 2 c powdered sugar
– citric acid (optional)
1. Measure cereal out into a large bowl; set aside.
2. Melt the butter and white chocolate chips with the lemon juice in the microwave. In 30-second increments, it takes about 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
3. Immediately pour mixture over cereal and stir to coat completely.
4. Pour cereal into a gallon-sized Ziplock bag and add powdered sugar; optionally add citric acid to taste. Close bag completely and shake to coat. Allow to set 10-15 minutes for chocolate to harden/cool before consuming.