the Cupcake Station that I visited is located in downtown Birmingham, MI on Old Woodward, just North of Maple. but they also have locations in Ann Arbor, Plymouth, and Ferndale. it’s a cute little bakery that primarily offers pretty hefty made-from-scratch cupcakes and mini-cupcakes. though I did spot a few cookies too.
they had a really wide variety of interesting-looking flavors, so it was pretty difficult to narrow my choices down. here are the ones that I was trying to decide between:
– Bump-a-licious: dark chocolate cake with buttercream bumps, dipped in dark chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate.
– Southern Red Velvet: red cocoa cake made in the Southern traditional way with white cream cheese frosting and topped with red velvet cake crumbs.
– PB & C: dark chocolate cake and peanut butter buttercream frosting, topped with crumbled peanut butter cups and dark chocolate shavings.
– Boston Cream: vanilla bean cake filled with creamy custard, topped with chocolate ganache, and finished with white chocolate and a buttercream flower.
– Vanilla Latte: vanilla bean cake filled and frosted with latte-flavored buttercream and drizzled with white chocolate.
– Drum Stick: marshmallow vanilla cake, frosted with marshmallow buttercream, rolled in peanuts, drizzled with chocolate, and topped with a piece of waffle cone.
– Station’s Somoa: vanilla bean cake, filled and frosted with buttercream, rolled in toasted coconut, and drizzled with caramel and dark chocolate.
Cookies & Cream: dark chocolate cake, filled with marshmallow butter cream, frosted with Oreo buttercream, and topped with an Oreo cookie
these are just a highlight of the many flavors they offer on their current regular menu. I think I’ll be heading back next time I’m in the area to try some of the others, because the ones I tried were really good! I ended up choosing the PB & C, the Drum Stick & Station’s Samoa, and the Boston Cream for my dad. my dad reported that his was tasty.